Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: One of Our Thursdays Is Missing!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser:  

Notices were posted everywhere that contained useful directions such as THIS WAY TO THE DENOUEMENT or NO BOOTS TO BE WORN IN THE BACKSTORY and even DO NOT FEED THE AMBIGUITY. The contractors were making last-minute adjustments. Six were arranging the clouds, two were wiring the punctuation to the main distribution board, three were trying to round up a glottal stop that wasn't meant to be there, and two others had just slit a barrage balloon full of atmosphere.
     (p. 30), One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde

 If you are a fan of books, publishing, or just meta humor, then the Thursday Next series is for you! If not... it might just drive you crazy. :)

These books are hilarious and complicated, and I'm super excited to read the newest release. I'm sometimes slow to read adult fiction, even books I'm anticipating, just because there are so many YA books to read and I feel like as a youth librarian and YA blogger it is more my job. But books are not just a job to me, so I still make time for the adult fiction. Just a bit slow. 

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of the Thursday series by him. It sounds more interesting that I thought it would be.

    mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/05/03/teaser-tuesday-hex-hall/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have not read that one yet, but it is on my TBR pile. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-wrecker.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the Thursday series. Thanks for introducing me to it -- especially with such a witty teaser.
    Mine is here:
    http://iousex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one...thanks for sharing! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want! Thanks for sharing! Isn't he funny?

    ReplyDelete