Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: Dec 3-6

Book Blogger Hop
 "What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"



Well, this has actually just occurred! In part, really. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because I did think it was okay, but my little corner of the YA book blog world has been absolutely a-buzz with glowing reviews of Please Ignore Vera Dietz, to the point that I chose it as my book to read and review for my coworkers at our weekly meeting. 

As I said, it is a perfectly fine book, but it just didn't grab me the way it seems to have grabbed so many others. And that's all well and good and the way the world works, but it does mean that I haven't gotten around to writing and posting my review to this site yet. I just feel a little awkward! But now that I've shared this, I hope it will be the kick in the pants I need to lady up and get it posted.  

7 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read Please Ignore Vera Dietz so I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't your cup of tea.
    I always have trouble reviewing books that I didn't enjoy but, thought was okay.
    I'm a new follower from the hop! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I haven't heard much about Please Ignore Vera Dietz, but sorry it wasn't really for you. Sometimes I find it easier to write reviews of books I didn't like, but I always feel a little guilty:( I'm a new follower here and I hope you have a great weekend!

    Jenny of Supernatural Snark
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I haven't even heard of this book. Now I'm going to have to check it out just to see what I think!

    Glad to have found you via the Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There!

    I'm hopping by from the blog hop!

    I'm a new follower as well!

    I don't think I've heard of the book that you're talking about.


    Happy Reading!

    - Mevurah

    http://theheartofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by :)

    I think as long as you're true to your thoughts on the book - why not post your review. There have been very few books that haven't grabbed me - I try to highlight the good and bad points in the book...

    Michelle from PIneapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, visiting from the blog hop!
    I've seen Vera Dietz on so many "Best of.." lists lately and wondered if it was any good. I'll look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There!
    I've found you through the hop! I'm your newest follower. I have tons of hobbies also, but no time to do most of them! Drop by and say hi if you have the time! http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com

    ReplyDelete