Friday, April 29, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop 4/29

 

If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

 

Oof, that's a hard one! It actually kind of hurts to even consider! I do love to re-read books, so let's see what springs to mind.


1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen  

I re-read this book at least once a year. Makes me happy.

2. Thief of Time  by Terry Pratchett

Discworld books make for excellent rereading, I could take almost all of them, but this is my very favorite.

3-6. The Spellman Books by Lisa Lutz (4)   

Dysfunctional families are funny! The Spellmans, in The Spellman Files, Curse of the Spellmans, Revenge of the Spellmans and The Spellmans Strike Again, are possibly the most messed up family I've fallen in love with. 

7-10. The Ruby Oliver Books by E. Lockhart (4)

Clearly, if I'm going to be stuck in a bomb shelter, I'm going to need something funny to take my mind off the sucky situation. The Boyfriend List, The Boy Book, The Treasure Map of Boys and Real Life Boyfriends definitely fit that qualifier.

 

My preferred plan is to have my whole family and a stockpile of food hunkered down in the library instead. 

 

  "Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?"

 

 Hmm, that is hard to say. I choose a lot of my books based on shelf wandering, so I try not to get to caught up in previews, especially since I don't yet have selection responsibility at work so I can't do anything about the books I want. Also, I've already covered some in WoW posts.

 

Circle of Fire, the third in the Prophecy of the SIster by Michelle Zink, will come out in September and I am extremely excited about that one.


3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of any of those books. My main choices were paranormal romance. I didn't think of even taking anything to make me laugh. I hope that there is some laughter somewhere in one of my choices, or I'll be a bit of a downer in the bomb shelter;)

    New Follower.. My post can be seen on my blog at http://guiltypleasuresreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/follow-friday-4-29-11.html

    I hope that you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm a new follower too. :)

    Good choice in books. And, good for you for at least coming up a with a list. :)

    ReplyDelete