Monday, November 5, 2012

Karaoke Queen

I am not a professional singer, nor would anyone, ever, confuse me for one. Despite this, I just love singing, so the fact that in the past month I've gotten to rock my brother-in-law's amazing home karaoke system fills me with great joy.

Not only do they have a huge digital karaoke collection featuring very nearly everything you could ask for, when it is at their house they have a built in stage in their basement. It is, frankly, amazing.

So, despite my entirely average voice, I busted out quite a few songs this weekend. Another benefit over a bar - you get a lot more turns at the mic. My biggest hits were

  • Dog Days Are Over, Florence and the Machine
  • Heart of Glass, Blondie
  • Dream a Little Dream of Me, The Mamas and the Papas
  • Shoop, Salt 'n Pepa
  • Love Fool, The Cardigans
  • Viva La Vida, Coldplay
Quite a collection, I know. I must say, there is nothing funnier than busting out Shoop in front of your father-in-law. It is a modern classic.

What is your go-to karaoke tune? Everyone should have one on stand-by in case of emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment