Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Blogger Hop



Book Blogger Hop

"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"


Well, this is a really hard question for me to answer, really. I've read pretty much constantly for as much of my life as I can remember. Through the years, there have been a lot of books that influenced me, and many that I loved madly. The one that springs to mind today, is Alanna: the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce. I had started reading fantasty quite young, by stealing my older brother's Belgariad series books (by David and Leigh Eddings) but this was different! It had a female main character, who was strong and brave and stubborn, and was marketed directly to me, as a girl who read fantasy. It helped shift me away from the male-dominated, swords-and-sorcery fantasy and into the path of other awesome female characters who, I like to believe, have helped me be a little braver and more awesome myself. Also, looking for the sequels led me to begin exploring the YA section of my childhood library! I still read every Tamora Pierce book as soon as I can get hold of it. The sentimental value is high.





No comments:

Post a Comment