Friday, January 28, 2011

Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop 1/28


 "What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011?  Why are you anticipating that book?"

After pondering this question for quite a while, I think the answer must be Red Glove by Holly Black. I so completely adored White Cat and the crazy world she created that I am giddy at the thought of returning to it. Hurry up April!

 

What is/was your favorite subject in school?

I know this may be shocking, but... I really liked school. I still miss the excitement of a new semester beginning, and it isn't only because I love buying school supplies. So favorite subject is hard for me! I loved Biology - took 3 different courses in HS but not a single one in college - I had to drop Anatomy because I couldn't stomach dissecting a cat. I really loved PreCal, but to the despair of my teacher I didn't take Calculus because I had enough math credits to graduate and could be a teacher's assistant instead. And I really really loved history - especially AP European History - the teacher for that class is one of my friends on facebook, as is my HS French teacher. I actually didn't love English that much - I had clashes with a couple of English teachers in HS. But, yes. Yay school! 

I didn't discuss college and grad school because I was picking subjects so of course they were awesome! 

I sometimes torment myself with wondering how I will deal if my kids don't like reading or school. Still not sure, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

12 comments:

  1. I still haven't read White Cat, although it's pretty high on my wishlist!

    I picked City of Fallen Angels for my answer :)

    Happy Friday!
    http://booksofamber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATED both math and science, but loved English. No surprise, really, since I've always loved to read and write. BTW: I think your enthusiasm for school will help your children immensely. My kids all love to read becuase they see me reading ALL THE TIME :)

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old follower stopping by! Drop by if you get a chance!
    Have a great weekend!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by to say hi and wish you a great weekend! Love your blog, it is so home-y and cozy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    You'll love Married With Zombies! It's just a really fun series!
    Have a great weekend!
    K
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book I’m most expecting in 2011 is by an author I crossed off my “Favorite author” list.

    He’s back on that list now.

    Who’s the author? Raymond Feist? What’s the book? A Kindgom Besieged.

    Hop on over to my website to read all about it – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't have a chance do read White Cat yet, but i loved the cover XD

    Thanks for your visit and your comment in my blog :) I'm your newest follower :D

    -petit
    http://abookandacupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't White Cat either, as for my fave subject that is History.

    My FF and Blog hops

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read too much Holly Black, but I hear she's terrific.

    I put together a list of books I'm looking forward to about a week ago.
    http://www.madiganreads.com/2011/01/most-anticipated-books-for-spring-2011.html

    I loved Art when I was in high school. I wasn't fond of science at the time, but I think I appreciate it more now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED school too, especially for the new supplies. The smell of new paper, the crisp writing with a new pen. Ahh, the glory days.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on Friday! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog title...quite clever.

    Hello…stopping by from the blog hop.

    Stop by my blog to see my not so exciting answer and lots of reviews. :)

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    My favorite subject was English and of course typing...where would we be if we didn't know how to type.

    ReplyDelete