Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant



It is always difficult to review a single book in a series, and most difficult of all to try and review the finale. So, I'm not going to. This is a basically review of the whole series, because there is no way to separate my opinions of and reactions to Blackout from the other 2 books.

The Newsflesh Trilogy (I... don't love the name.) is an amazing look at the world POST zombie apocalypse. Even if you don't love zombies (I am generally hugely opposed, being kinda squeamish.) these are not truly zombie books. The zombies are not the story - they're just in the background. Moaning and shambling, yes, but the real story is about truth, justice, fear and journalism.

Georgia Mason is a great Mira Grant/Seanan McGuire heroine - cynical, loyal, and always willing to do the right thing, even if it leads to her own death. I have seem some reviews that didn't like the romantic angle taken, but I did not mind it.

The books are tense, powerful and suspenseful. I was very frustrated today, as I tried to finish the last 40 pages or so and the world (and my adorable kiddos) kept getting in the way. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment