Thursday, June 14, 2012

Running Notes

- Last night as I was jogging up the street, I saw a rabbit, startled by a car at the corner, sprinting towards me. It got within 5 or 6 feet before it noticed me, and veered up into someone's yard. I love how many bunnies we have around the neighborhood (when they're not nibbling my spinach or peas) but this is the best close encounter yet.

- I know most people have fancy-pants smart phones to do this sort of thing on, but I'm a bit of a tech holdout in this case, because I have kind of an addictive personality and don't want to be one of those people that can't hold a conversation because they're constantly checking their phone. SO. I've been using the site RunningMap to plan out my runs and calculate my mileage. Fun!

- I think I'm going to buy this pitcher - I've cut down on sodas but sometimes I have a hard time making myself drink enough water - more important than ever now that I'm running in the sun! Looks delicious, I'm loving some of the combos on this site.

-I'm still loving going for runs, and after a little experimentation I've decided I really prefer an evening run to a morning run. I like putting the kids to bed and then heading out on my own to clear my head (while listening to NPR podcasts - mostly these two.)

No comments:

Post a Comment